Dear Dad..

by - Sunday, January 15, 2012

I can see the mountains in the north,
I don’t want you to be rigid like them.
I want you to be like the gentle breeze,
Which in the summer heat brings some chill.

I want you to make me feel at home,
Not imprisoned by a wall of rules.
I know you want me to be good,
But all you have to do is trust in me;

I’m your son oh dad,
Hey dad ,I love you,
And I’m saying all this
Hoping you will understand me,
I’m your son dad ,And
I will always be yours.

I know that you care for me,
And In all that you do
You want to show it too.
But dad you can be more than that,
You can be more than just a dad.

I’m not just a kid any more,
I have grown up and I have my feelings too.
To be honest you have hurt me a lot,
But I’m ready to let all that go;

All that I’m asking is,
Hey dad, can we be friends?
I need you to listen to me,
You matter a lot to me,
That’s why I’m making this effort of mine.

I am grateful for all that you have done,
But I need your friendship more than anything else.

When I was growing up I
Thought we will become friends with time,
But I guess it never worked out.
I’m giving it a second try,
Will you join me too and answer my cry?
We can make it work out dad,
Before its too late.

I’m your son oh dad
And I love you.

You May Also Like

0 comments